|You will not want to miss the insight and wisdom these world leading mindfulnes teachers, neuroscientists and psychologists will be sharing with us over the next 10 days.
The lineup includes:
- Eckhart Tolle (author of The Power of Now and A New Earth) who will explain the importance of incorporating meditation into our daily lives and offers some methods for achieving inner body awareness
- Thich Nhat Hanh (Zen master and author of Living Buddha, Living Christ) who will explain why mindfulness of the breath is such a simple but potent practice and the necessity of embracing suffering rather than turning away from it
- Daniel Goleman (author of Emotional Intelligence and co-author of Altered Traits) will separate facts from fiction when it comes to claimed benefits of mindfulness
- Jon Kabat-Zinn (author, and founder of MBSR (mindfulness-based stress reduction)) will reveal everyday difficulties as gateways to mindfulness practice and provides guidance for meeting the suffering of the world with openhearted compassion
- Shefali Tsabary (author of The Conscious Parent and The Awakened Family) asserts that current models of parenting perpetuate toxic social ideas and highlights myths about parenting and offers alternatives to each
- Pema Chödrön (American Tibetan Buddhist and author of How to Meditate and Fail, Fail Again, Fail Better) will lead listeners into a practice for cultivating empathy in the face of disturbing world events
During the summit you will also hear from Alanis Morissette about how different meditation modalities have supported her work and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Alice Walker who describes how different forms of mindfulness meditation have affected her writing.
Whether you’re new to mindfulness or you’ve been meditating for years, this summit will be sure to give you insights that can change your world from the inside out – and ripple out to your family, community and the world.
I’ll be following along with you at the Mindfulness and Meditation Summit. Here’s to creating a more kind and conscious world together in 2018 : )