- Personal or Company Name: The Sacred Birthing School
- Street: Kawaihau Road
- City: Kapaa
- State / Province: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 96746
- Area Code & Phone: 808-286-3602
- Listed: December 3, 2017 3:32 pm
- Expires: 15 days, 8 hours
The Sacred Birthing School
Level II Doula Course
This series of 8 classes is for anyone who has completed a doula training and has attended at least 3 births. The class meets on Tuesday evenings from 5:00 to 8:00 at the Sacred Birthing School. The tuition is $300.00 with a non-refundable $50.00 deposit required to hold a space. Enrollment is limited to 8 participants.
Class 1. All about you. Re-visit your own birth through creative art or poetry writing . The second half of the class will be talk story about births you have attended.
Class 2. The code of ethics and standards of practice. What this means for you and the doula work you do in your community. We will use last week’s birth stories to work with this code and the standards of practice and review hospital language and getting through stressful situations.
Class 3. The journey into a birth requires a doula to have a strong sense of self and the ability to be fully present for another. This class will help participants develop skills to tap into individual richness and resources while holding space for a birthing family.
Class 4. Working with the unique individuality of birthing families. Holding space for their needs and finding that place of no judgment. Learning to love birthing families fully.
Class 5. What Babies Want. Helping families meet the unique needs of their newborn. This class will us the video What Babies Want to help us explore the needs and wants of the amazing newborn.
Class 6. The fourth trimester and the importance of holding, cradling, rocking, walking, swaddling, massaging and being fully present for baby during this time. Helping families work through the birth story, letting go of the ideal birth and accepting the birth that unfolded.
Class 7.The nitty gritty of being a postpartum doula, helpful ideas for caring for baby, mom, dad and siblings.
Class 8. Re-visiting pregnancy, birth and beyond; your specific role for self, mother, baby, father and family.
Contact Barbara Essman for information and a registration email@example.com or 808-286-3602
102 total views, 2 today
Subscribe to our Free “HeartBeat of Kauai” Email Newsletter
Donate to the Kauai Muse
Most Visited Content
- Francine Kanter CCH, RsHom, Board Certified Homeopath Practitioner (33121 views)
- Tantric Arts of Love (18521 views)
- Chris Jaeb, Malama Kauai and Common Ground (11954 views)
- Bikram Yoga Kapaa & The Yoga House Co-Op (11599 views)
- Wordless Communication by Jane A. Cormack (10906 views)
- Kauai Farmers Co-op, who’s your farmer? (9694 views)
- An Evening at the Burning Ghats (9426 views)
- Chutney Indian and Nepalese Cuisine (7680 views)
- What Makes a Youth ” at-risk ” ? ( continued from post ” This Body Is a Victory “) (7048 views)
- Should Cursive be Saved? (CNN online Responsibility Project) (6496 views)