- Listed: August 31, 2010 2:23 pm
Amidst the jungle of information overload, my role is to provide you with the most simple, safe, cost-effective solutions to help you obtain optimum health. You will be listened to and heard with care and compassion. You will be treated as the unique individual that you are. ”
Francine Kanter CCH, RsHom, Board Certified Homeopath Practitioner, graduated from a 3-year degree in Classical Homeopathy in San Diego, California. She is active in studying Homeopathy on a regular basis, and is part of several new researches and case studies.
She has been in private practice for over 15 years total, first in San Diego, and second in Kauai, since 2001.
WHAT IS HOMEOPATHY?
Homeopathy is an effective and scientific system of healing which assists the natural tendency of the body to heal itself.
It recognizes that all symptoms of ill health are expressions of disharmony within the whole person and that it is that person who needs treatment, not the disease.
As a new client , these ideas may be new to you, but homeopathy has been established for over 200 years.
In 1796 a German doctor, Samuel Hahnemann, discovered a different approach to the cure of the sick, which he called homeopathy (from the Greek words meaning ‘similar suffering’).
Take for example, a case of insomnia. The way of similars, the homeopathic way, is to give the person a minute dose of a substance, such as coffee, which in large doses causes sleeplessness in a healthy person. Perhaps surprisingly, this will help the person to sleep naturally.
Homeopathic remedies cannot cause side effects and you cannot become addicted to them. This is because only a very minute amount of the active ingredient is used in a specially prepared form.
Your homeopath will give you a homeopathic medicine or remedy that matches your symptoms as you experience them, as well individual characteristics: emotional and physical.
How does it work?
Homeopathic medicines work by stimulating the immune system. Once your immune system is strong and functioning effectively, many of your ailments will naturally disappear.
What will your homeopath need to know? Homeopathy realizes that each and every one of us is completely unique. Thus in order to find the right remedy for you, a detailed understanding of who you are, what your complaints are, and how you experience them, is needed to accurately assess your case. Your homeopath will ask you many questions. Not only will you be asked about your presenting complaint, you will also be asked about your general energy level, your past medical history and about your lifestyle. Everything you tell your homeopath will be treated in the strictest confidence. The initial consultation may take up to two hours.
What to expect? A number of changes typically occur after taking your homeopathic remedy. Some people experience a period of exceptional well-being and optimism. Occasionally symptoms appear to get worse for a short time. This is a good sign that the remedy is taking effect. Sometimes a cold, rash or some form of discharge may appear as a ‘spring cleaning’ effect which means your system is going through a cleaning stage. Similarly, old symptoms can reappear, usually for a short period. These symptoms will pass, and must not be treated, as they are a very important part of the healing process. Some people do not notice any changes at all in the beginning of their treatment. In this case a change in the dosage and or selection of remedy may be necessary.
If any response to your treatment concerns you, be sure to discuss this with your homeopath. You might find it helpful to make notes of any changes and take them with you to discuss at your next appointment.
How long does the treatment take? This depends on a number of factors: 1) What type of illness you are suffering from 2) How long you have had the illness 3) Your age and overall health 4) Your sensitivity
The longer you wait before seeking treatment, the longer it takes to treat. When your body starts to show signs of imbalance or disease, don’t hesitate, get help right away. For acute (short-term) ailments, treatment can be very rapid. Long standing ailments take time to treat. Homeopathy cures from the inside, and often outer symptoms such as a skin complaint, are the last to clear. Be patient! In the long term it is much better to address the underlying imbalance than merely relieving or suppressing the symptoms.
Will I need to change my diet or lifestyle? A healthy diet, regular exercise, enough sleep and relaxation are all part of being healthy. Sometimes old habits are difficult to break however. Many of my clients remark that after homeopathic treatment they are much healthier both physically and emotionally, and are able to make healthy choices in a way that feels natural and effortless.
What about seeing a General Practitioner? I recommend maintaining a relationship with your primary care doctor. Homeopathic remedies are non-habit forming. Homeopathic remedies are easy and pleasant to take.
Who uses homeopathy?
Anyone can use homeopathy: babies, pregnant women, the elderly. Homeopathy is used to treat both physical and mental and emotional conditions. The use of homeopathy is advocated by the world health organization. Famous people who have used homeopathy successfully include: The Royal Family of Great Britain, Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Mark Twain, Tina Turner, John D. Rockefeller Sr and Paul McCartney just to name a few. In fact Homeopathy is common place in many countries, including: England, Australia, New Zealand, India, Russia, Brazil, etc
In the United Kingdom, around 42 percent of physicians refer patients to homeopathic practitioners, and homeopathic training is the most popular post-graduate training program. There are homeopathic hospitals world-wide, including London, Scotland, Moscow, India, etc
10 Good Reasons to Use Homeopathy:
- NO HARMFUL SIDE EFFECTS A special preparation process called potentization refines the medicines to remove any toxic side-effects. It is suitable for babies and octogenarians alike and during pregnancy and menopause. However you should only take homeopathic medicines under the guidance of a qualified homeopathic practitioner if you are pregnant.
- GENTLE Homeopathy works by stimulating the body’s own natural defense mechanism. Although gentle the results may be powerful and long lasting.
- EASY TO TAKE Homeopathic medicines are given either as small pleasant tasting tablets which dissolve in the mouth, or in liquid form. Granules, powders or drops are available for babies and children.
- INEXPENSIVE Homeopathic remedies cost surprisingly less than allopathic prescription medication.
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS Humans respond differently to medication than animals do. All homeopathic medication is tested on healthy humans. The symptoms that a substance taken over time elicits in a healthy person, are shown to be exactly those that can be cured in a sick person suffering from those symptoms.
- PREVENTATIVE TREATMENT By boosting the body’s immune system, homeopathy can help improve a person’s resistance to illness and infections.
- YOUR INVOLVEMENT Homeopathy takes into account the whole person i.e. it is Holistic. The homeopath will ask many questions, not only about the symptoms which are bothering an individual, but how they react to the condition, as well as wanting to know about general health and lifestyle. Like a practitioner and psychologist in one.
- VALUE FOR MONEY Homeopathic medicines are generally less expensive than conventional medicines. The homeopath will spend a great deal of time getting to the root of your problem. The homeopathic medicines are intended to boost the immune system, making you stronger and less likely to get sick.
- INVALUABLE FOR FIRST AID Homeopathic medicines can be safely used the home or workplace to treat simple problems-such as bruises, minor burns, sprains, insect bites and gastric upsets. However more serious or chronic complaints should be treated by a qualified practitioner.
- THE MEDICINE OF THE FUTURE With over 6000 homeopathic medicines in existence and new homeopathic medicines being discovered all the time, Homeopathy is a growing art. However unlike allopathic medicine that takes drugs off the market every year as new side-effects are discovered, homeopaths still use the same medicines they were using 200 years ago with new medicines to broaden their scope. Scientists are only now discovering breakthroughs in quantum physics that helps us to develop a deeper understanding of homeopathy, as it was used 200 years ago.
Join Homeopath, Francine Kanter, CCH, RsHom, for an inspiring look at simple, effective ways to take care of your health issues.
She can be reached at 808-652-2001, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Her office is located in Wailua.
This blog is for educational purposes only and not intended to replace the advice of your physician or health care provider. Do not use this blog as a means to diagnose a health condition. Speak to your doctor before discontinuing any medication that has been prescribed for you or before starting any new treatment
33122 total views, 7 today
Subscribe to our Free “HeartBeat of Kauai” Email Newsletter
Donate to the Kauai Muse
Most Visited Content
- Francine Kanter CCH, RsHom, Board Certified Homeopath Practitioner (33122 views)
- Tantric Arts of Love (18521 views)
- Chris Jaeb, Malama Kauai and Common Ground (11954 views)
- Bikram Yoga Kapaa & The Yoga House Co-Op (11599 views)
- Wordless Communication by Jane A. Cormack (10906 views)
- Kauai Farmers Co-op, who’s your farmer? (9694 views)
- An Evening at the Burning Ghats (9426 views)
- Chutney Indian and Nepalese Cuisine (7680 views)
- What Makes a Youth ” at-risk ” ? ( continued from post ” This Body Is a Victory “) (7049 views)
- Should Cursive be Saved? (CNN online Responsibility Project) (6496 views)