- Listed: September 8, 2017 8:46 pm
- Expires: 11 days, 14 hours
Bridge of Peace Festival
Peace, Love & Harmony
It’s very important to create bridges in these days & times…bridges of peace, bridges of understanding, bridges connecting different cultures. Come join us at our bridge, Bridge of Peace Festival, which will be held at the Kauai Veterans Center on Saturday, September 16, 2017, 10:00 am until 4.00 pm. Admission is free.
Special Group -Ancient Imperial Court Music
We have a special entertainment group performing ancient imperial court music in Kauai for the 1st time, “The Hawai‘i Gagaku Society”. This music is more than 1300 years old, well renowned for its solemn, elegant, and purifying effects (11:00 and 13:30).
We also have an art exhibition of “The Kojiki” by Yuka Tsukamoto (artist from Japan), & storytelling of the origins of Ancient Japan as well as a Peace exhibition by Hiroshima Peace Museum.
Other activities include: Hula “Poetry in Motion” By: Rose Tatiana Warken Ceballos (11:30), Taiko drum performance by Aki Conquest with Joyful Noise (12:30), Japanese foods, somen noodle game with prizes, Asian shops, powder green tea, & other local vendor booths & musical entertainment.
See you there!
El Cantare Foundation
Go to web: elcantarefoundation.org
187 total views, 5 today
Subscribe to our Free “HeartBeat of Kauai” Email Newsletter
Donate to the Kauai Muse
Most Visited Content
- Francine Kanter CCH, RsHom, Board Certified Homeopath Practitioner (32347 views)
- Tantric Arts of Love (18081 views)
- Life on Kaua’i: Wild Pigs in Paradise By Gabriela Taylor (12306 views)
- Chris Jaeb, Malama Kauai and Common Ground (11621 views)
- Bikram Yoga Kapaa & The Yoga House Co-Op (11281 views)
- Wordless Communication by Jane A. Cormack (10615 views)
- Kauai Farmers Co-op, who’s your farmer? (9426 views)
- An Evening at the Burning Ghats (9206 views)
- Chutney Indian and Nepalese Cuisine (7450 views)
- What Makes a Youth ” at-risk ” ? ( continued from post ” This Body Is a Victory “) (6584 views)