- Listed: June 4, 2011 2:42 pm
“I am looking forward to delivering a spectacular performance on the Hawaiian Islands this July and eager to share my music with the Island people,” stated Ky-Mani Marley.
Incorporating world music, hip hop, blues, rock and a grass roots sound into his music, the end product is the pure representation of life for Ky-Mani. His sound is one that transcends cultural lines and prohibits him from being categorized as only a reggae artist.
Being exposed to an urban lifestyle, Ky-Mani adopted the attitude that all people are equal – no one is above or beneath him. This attitude has become the motto for the way he lives his life today. Humble. Soft spoken. Sincere. Loyal. Honest. Genuine. These are the makings of Ky-mani Marley.
Recently on a promotional tour for his autobiography book, Dear Dad, which was released on February 6, The young Marley is also working on his new clothing line Konfrontation, his non-profit organization Love Over All Foundation (LOAF) and recording new material for his upcoming album Evolution of a Revolution.
July 2 – KBXtreme, Kona, Big Island (All Ages, Licensed venue)
July 3 – Kuhio Lounge, Aston Aloha Hotel, Kapaa, Kauai (21+ show)
July 4 – SoHo Mixed Media Bar, Honolulu, Oahu (18+ show)
July 5 – Ocean’s Beach Bar & Grill, Kihei, Maui (21 + show)
More info and tickets available at www.hightideconcerts.net
3706 total views, 1 today
Subscribe to our Free “HeartBeat of Kauai” Email Newsletter
Donate to the Kauai Muse
Most Visited Content
- Francine Kanter CCH, RsHom, Board Certified Homeopath Practitioner (33559 views)
- Tantric Arts of Love (18715 views)
- Chris Jaeb, Malama Kauai and Common Ground (12072 views)
- Bikram Yoga Kapaa & The Yoga House Co-Op (11782 views)
- Wordless Communication by Jane A. Cormack (11039 views)
- Kauai Farmers Co-op, who’s your farmer? (9817 views)
- An Evening at the Burning Ghats (9531 views)
- Chutney Indian and Nepalese Cuisine (7780 views)
- What Makes a Youth ” at-risk ” ? ( continued from post ” This Body Is a Victory “) (7164 views)
- Should Cursive be Saved? (CNN online Responsibility Project) (6596 views)